7 Lessons on Freedom
It took me several days to think about exactly what I would share regarding my 12-month anniversary of Emancipation. It’s been 1 year since I voluntarily left my cushy corporate gig to wholeheartedly pursue my Divine Assignment: the work that feeds and gratifies my soul. I wanted this post to help and possibly inspire someone who may be thinking about their own Freedom.
Here’s a few things I’ve learned over the last 12 months:
1. Emancipation is terrifying – It is not for cowards or the faint of heart. I understand clearly how fear keeps people from Freedom and living the life they dream of.
2. Fear is a big fat LIAR!! – the fear never goes away. You must walk through it. You must beat it down when it shows up. Throw it in the gutter where it belongs. DO NOT give fear a seat at the table!
3. When possible, having a solid PLAN for Freedom is essential – Emancipation takes planning; financially, mentally, physically etc. I spent 3 years planning my Freedom and that time/planning made all the difference.
4. Your Freedom plan must Be flexible – Although you’ve planned and you think you know what’s going to happen, you must leave room for random detours and Divine miracles.
5. The Universe will reward your commitment – NO half-stepping! You must be ALL IN. No matter what, stay the course and keep your eyes on the prize.
6. Know without doubt what “The Prize” is – For me it’s obedience to my Divine Calling and living it out! (my very reason for being on this planet)
If you don’t want to WORK like you’ve never worked before, stay in bondage and continue working for someone else. Being FREE requires you to WORK. Blessings and Miracles happen every minute of every day but you must till the soil and sow lots of seeds to get a bountiful harvest!
Finally, If you think you’re ready to take the leap to Freedom; ask yourself these questions:
What am I going to do?
How will I do it?
With Whom (critical question)
How do I grow further from this new reality?
I have even more enthusiasm and joy now that I’m 12 months into my journey. I’ve made some mistakes. Had a few setbacks; But I’ve also made some real strides and made real progress. I continue doing the HARD WORK required to realize the vision I’ve been blessed with.
Onward and Upward!
If you’re considering taking the leap to Freedom, I’m here to help you soar!